Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Yes, your hardware mods will support Stage 2 with the exception of not having a higher flow rear muffler. DP is not required as the 1M comes from the factory with higher flow version of the N54 DP's.

You are not even close on maxing out the performance of the N54 at Stage 2 on pump or race fuel mode. All parameters are monitors during the R&D process(GIAC used my personal 1M with 2000 miles on it), this is a complete DME flash, not a signal modifier or map changer like the JB or Proceed product.

Evolution Racewerks, Berk Technology and our 335i were all on GIAC's N54 flash for Redline Time Attack with zero reports of any issues. That was putting GIAC to the ultimate test and it passed with flying colors on three different vehicles with very different hardware mods.
My impression has been that midpipe improves flow more than the muffler mods and that even N54 would be more effective, other than sound, than change in axle back. Also, what axle back and intake were these numbers obtained with (very impressive curves, by the way--love the high end power!)
Appreciate 0