Thread: Gas in Arizona
View Single Post
      09-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Texan Engineer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i + ///M Sport Pkg

I believe 93 is not available almost at all on the entire West Coast. Some theories relate to the shortage of supply vs. demand so the oil companies water down the 93 (ok, not with water but you get what I mean) so there's more premium to go around, just at 91. Not sure how true it is, but either way 93 isn't really available.

Just search Google, there are a lot of threads on various car forums relating to how to get 93 octane on the West Coast in general, and even specifically in Phoenix.

Back when I was in Seattle, the only way to get 93 was to mix your own (with race gas), although like one or two stations (literally) in the entire metro reportedly sold 93. I suspect mix your own is the only option for you.

BTW, you do know that your 135i runs just fine on 91? We all know 93 is probably better (it's the recommendation BMW gives us), but the engines are tuned for 91 (minimum spec from BMW). It's right in the manual. More important is if you can find ethanol free gas in your area. That's probably a better thing to look for.
Appreciate 0