05-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #26
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
When I mentioned the changing, its really just minor changes to the seat, ive only messed with the wheel twice since ive owned the car. Really it makes a difference because it bugs me, its really the ONE thing I dread about owning a new car is messing with the seat and wheel and having to get it just right cuz otherwise it does bug me.

The powdercoating for wheels gives you the option of a matte or gloss look, it is basically not a paint but a COATING hence the name. It is durable and actually protects the actual wheel in a sense. The powdercoated vmr's i had before and have since sold, I had curbed both front wheels accidentally of course, and when looking up close the damage was I would say about 90% atleast to the powdercoat itself, you could see the alloy finish underneath but the majority of the damage was absorbed by the powdercoat. If I had had those wheels stripped of the powdercoat, there prob wouldve been minimal damage seen where the curbing existed. So basically yes it acts as somewhat of a protective coating as well as a cosmetic coating for the wheels.
Appreciate 0