10-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #156
dh58
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
It was an interesting weekend and good to see plenty of high horsepower cars pushing hard the whole 1000m. Thanks to Alex and Steve for a great weekend. It was a shame you couldn't make it Thony. Nice to meet you also Tit.
The event was well organized so a congrats to Adam and the Snowy Mountains team. I don't think the spectators were all too happy viewing the cars from 200m away. The weather was cool (excellent for us FI's) but very windy. I had a total of three runs and my first was 27.XX. Second run was 26.XX. My third run was my best and managed a 23.92. Traction off the line was extremely difficult. As Steve said there was loose gravel everywhere. Steve was finding it really hard to launch the MT (as you would) but did well. I only finally worked out a better launch technique on my last run. I said I would be happy with a high 23 second pass before the event. Next time I think I'll try for a mid to low 23.
The white R35 GTR was most impressive on the day. I overheard someone say it was rated at 600hp and with AWD, launch control and 315 PSS on the rear it didn't seem to have much traction issue and just sling shotted off the line.
The S2000 that was cooked ran two cars before me so by the time I got to the end of the strip I saw everyone getting their fire extinguishers out of there cars and running and I thought it was my car for a second.

Here's a vid from one of my runs.

No just the damage to the car from loose gravel on the airstrip. Two wheels need to be repaired, bonnet copped 4 stone chips and bumper managed only 2 chips. So all in all just over $1500 worth of damage but hey, that motorsport for you. Could have been much worse.

Agree the trap speeds seemed a little low. Rolling start would have been awesome. I think the best part of the weekend was the drive from Sydney to Canberra. Let's just say Steve and I thought we would put our cars to the test most of the way there. The freeway was our airstrip.
Lol at the SM1000 curse Steve.
I found your video on youtube before I found it here. I was going to post there.. It sounded AWEFUL.. Sorry to hear about all that damage I was cringing as I had been expecting a different take off!
Appreciate 0