12-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #4
espo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreslogic
I took a couple of kilometers around the neighbourhood. My biggest impression is that DTC should be turned off (press once) while winter driving. At often times when I pedal a bit harder, the back starts to swing and when you try to correct things, the DTC kicks in and makes the process kinda unnatural to me. I actually felt I am not in control anymore and feel more vunlerable.
Noticed the exact same thing on my old 325xi. I would start to take a corner, slide alittle and then try to countersteer. However, the car would straighen itself out and I would end up going in the wrong direction. Once I got used to that responce though, it was easier to get around in the snow with it...

Now for my new 330xi... The one thing that I noticed different from the older 325xi, is that it actually takes a lot more to get the traction control to kick in. Going in a parking lot moving slowly in 2nd I had to almost floor the gas to start to get the tires to break free and get the traction control to kick in... In all over cases the car just went... BTW I have the standard A/S tires on the car.

We just got a few more inches of snow today... I think I'll have to take it out to a parking lot a try a couple more things... This is the first year I have a manual in the snow, so I'm still getting used to it. However, the car really does feel planted when it needs to be.
Appreciate 0