02-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #13
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choclove23 View Post
Nah, I'm pretty sure it's not chemicals because the headache is a result of a sore neck and traps (muscle/nerves/strain). Thus, I concluded that it was due to having my head pushed forward; i.e. the headrest. And it always happens after driving this car (not my wifes).

As for the leather, I don't know if is leather or leatherette. I assumed it was leather at first; however, my wife works with leather furniture and says that if it is leather, then it is one of the cheaper harder layers of cow, not the nice soft Natuzzi stuff.

I thought replacing the seats with buckets would affect my warranty (definitely the resale). Plus, I' like the idea of built-in airbags. I do like the Recaros though, they're like my old seats.
Those seats you had are still 2 piece seats and are no different to factory seats in many ways (other than hugging you better). One piece seats are like these.

I do know what you are talking about in terms of getting a headache with the 1 series seats. I too feel uncomfortable when driving the car with a helmet on. The head rest is just too far forward. The first time I took the car to the track, I also had a headache from it. Because of this, I have to drive with the seat leaning at an angle more than I would like when I have my helmet on. But i have no choice until I get my race seats.
Appreciate 0