07-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #244
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apiasto View Post
I was referring to the cooling on the longer tracks with higher speeds as Jim stated. I personally have very little experience with track racing as I only did autocross with my RSX not "real" driving I guess. My cooling suggestion was just one that maybe wasn't looked into, that is all. I was curious to see if anyone has tried and/or has had experience with this. A larger brake setup would disepate heat much more efficiently but would be that much more affective with proper cooling (at least on a higher speed track). To call any OEM equipment high performance is a stretch though (unless it was a M). I agree with the 135i's brakes being higher performance but the gains from a BBK would be much greater for both cars.
I was ageeing with you about cooling. Be it autocross or racetrack.
As I said, you might not need better brakes for autocross. Lets face it. Running a car in a mall parking lot with speeds kept under 60mph or whatever isnt like the abuse a car will face on a 'real' track at much higher speeds.

I guess its ones point of view to what constitutes a high performnce system. I and many would call a Brembo multi piston, fixed caliber system high performance even if installed as an OEM product. All the reviews written about them praise them.

By the way, the BB(big buck) BBK Brembo kit for the 128/135 clocks in at about $3500 and thats just for the fronts! Not including installation of course.
Putting these huge monsters on a 128 is really overkill. These brakes are made for high hp dedicated track terrors, not weekend warriors autocross and occasional forays to tracks.

Heres a review of the 135i which they do much testing of the car at Willow Springs race track. About the brakes, they have nothing but good to say about them, cept some noise and, the dust. As BMW owners, we all know that!
http://www.insideline.com/bmw/1-seri...-bmw-135i.html

Last edited by NYC6; 07-25-2012 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0