View Single Post
      06-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #17
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Is anyone with me or am I crazy?
Seems that you're eligible (too) for the "1M Addicts Anonymous" sub section: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687037

Reminds us of forum fellow YoungGuns' sweet 1M infatuation story:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGuns View Post
Hi guys, I am an 1M Addict. A serious one, so serious that I need treatment. I have had nothing on my mind but my 1M lately, and it's getting worse.

I'm checking the forum any given moment I have. It's worse than being addicted to Facebook. I check when I wake up, I check when I'm on the toilet, I after shower, I check after lunch, I check at work (too many times), and I check when I return from work. I stalk and admire each members mods and posts and learn more about the car every day. I must also confess that 1M is my first car after driving my moms car for a few years. It was a struggle to shell out $$$ for a first car, but I was hopelessly in love as soon as I saw youtube videos of the 1M. I was falling into the abyss of its strange but familiar powers. I was, and still am casted under a spell.

With great power comes great responsibility. It was everything that I had, or had not dreamed of. It was a beast to tame, and I have not yet fully grasped its temperament.

The more I eased into driving manual tranny, the more I became one with the car. It is a beautiful synthesis - I began doing strange things to this machine. I began caressing it, touching its curves, admiring its beauty. I began talking to it, and inside of it. Dumbfounded by the torque and sheer thrill sometimes I would scream in delight, I would laugh and grin to myself.

I began noticing bikers and truckers giving me the thumbs up, or others lowering their shades trying to look at the car in confusion. Unsure of what it is, or what excitement it brings. Even standing still, it seems like it's about to prowl and jump on their asses.

The more I fell in love with the car, the more I started to become anal about every little detail, every nook and cranny. Every smear and stain was a heartache. I gave it bubble baths, put some 3M protection film on it, but still I get rock chips. It's a learning process, I need to accept that the car won't be in perfect form all day all night, and that it's a just a vehicle to get from point A to B. But fuck it - it's not. It's the magic that makes point A to B exhilarating and orgasmic, it's the potion and makes me go POW WOW THANK GOD FOR THIS GIFT. I don't need no alcohol, no weed, no drugs - all I need is you, 1M.

Before I bought the car, I thought the thrill of a new car would be gone after 1 month. But More than 10 months later, it still excites me when I see it. In fact, it's the only car I see in any parking lot that stands out. I don't care if there's a Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Porche, Mercedes or whatever car that costs a few hundred thousand dollars more parked next to it. GT-R, R8, SLS, 911, 458, even the Aventador, move aside please, nothing else gives me the turn-on factor that this little creature called the 1M does. Besides, it's practical as hell too as a DD.

I often think to myself when I look at the car, "This is what lifes about." It's to reward oneself spiritually and emotionally through a machine that has taken a life of its own. If life is about staying young, then 1M is my playground. I love you 1M.

Hello my fellow groupies, my name is Pete, and I am a seriously addicted 1M user. Thank you for listening.