View Single Post
      03-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Exclamation I rented a M3 for a day @Welt...

Hi Gang,

Well... you all know why I went to the Welt today to take the first live photos of the BSM 1M. While I was there I also had some fun...

Today I drove a frozen grey M3 DCT that had these red brake calipers. The car is part of the Welt's "BMW on Demand" rental program. costs 34 euros for one hours worth of fun! I was wondering why the car I drove had such a loud exhaust! lol 1er's start at just 14 euros per hour. You can even rent a 7er!

Anyone can rent a BMW for an hour at the Welt. BMW offers ALL their models thru this program. It is quite cool. Cost was 34 euros plus 6 euros for the fuel I burned on my 40kms thru the German country side. lol

This was my first drive in a M3. And my first experience with DCT. While the DCT shifts so damm fast... I still miss a good old stick. But damm was this car a blast to drive!

Things I noticed most were: Steering was super light and not so nice. I prefered my 135i's steering. But everything else just ROCKED! The biggest thing was the cars handling and solidness feel to the ride. Taught and ready to pounce at any minute! While the engine makes more Ho than mine.. unless you really have things boiling over in the high rpms range... I prefer the N54/N55 motor. Makes me yearn for a flash tune for my car!

Coming out of the M3 it made me realize how my car really needs a good suspension with m3 bits. I think I am going to go this route.

Dackel

BMW on Demand program website...
http://www-1.bmw-welt.com/web_rb/bmw.../overview.html

Appreciate 0