View Single Post
      05-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

So far, I'm completely sold on the car - the look, the concept. For my dollar, it will be the car to beat in the luxury sport compact segment. There are other cars that I've got in my sights: Mini Cooper S and VW GTI are back-up plans "A" and "B". Audi A3 and Merc B200 are out there too, but are a little soft for my taste.

The only factors that could unseat the 1er from top spot as my next car are a disappointing engine line-up or an unexpectedly high price. My tolerance for sticker price is about $36K USD ($40K CAD), and my expectation for that price is a well equipped 1er with a respectable engine (i.e. 130i).

My timeline is 2009 or 2010. Unless it's necessary to buy in the first production year, as it appears to be in your case, Brookside, the only benefits are bragging rights. So I'll wait a model year to see how it shakes out. We're also managing another car payment, daycare costs and have our second little one on the way, so 2008 is an unlikely year for another new car. But I'll certainly be envious of all you early adopters...

130i with sport package, metallic red on black leather...:headbang:
Appreciate 0