View Single Post
      08-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
samael
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe 6M

Actually the 225/40 Dunlops are already on my OEM rims, on the vehicle, which is the only tire/wheel combo I currently have in my possession. Even though I purchased the vehicle in July, it came shod with the winter tires. Looking more closely I can definitely see that the front sidewalls are more vertical than the rears, showing the difference in wheel width on identically sized tires.

Which is why I was thinking it would make more sense to move the Dunlops to a new set of 4 identical 18x8 rims and put a new set of staggered summer tires on the OEM rims. Which also means ordering the tires and rims separately (or at least not having the tires mounted on the new rims, considering they'll go on the existing OEM ones). It's a bit of swapping between tires and rims at the outset but that seems to make the most sense to me in the long run.

I'm not in a hurry to put summer tires back on at this point as we could very well see snow in a month here, but I'd like to at least have this situation ready to rectify come spring.

Last edited by samael; 08-26-2010 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: clarification
Appreciate 0