View Single Post
      08-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
jafo1701
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, 2016 VW GTI

Swift Spec R springs installed.

I just got my Swift Spec R springs installed today. I previously had the BMW performance springs and Koni dampers. I also have M3 bits installed as well as Dinan Camber plates. I only drove the car for around 30 miles but here are my initial impressions. The drop is very nice, car is noticeably firmer then the BMW performance springs, even though from what I've read the spring rates are about the same. Koni's are set 40% from full stiff on the front and rear. I took some tight corners and pushed it as hard as I dare on the street and the car felt great. It seemed to plant on the corners, it feels a bit tighter and more composed then the BMWPS. Since I got the car I've been trying to get the suspension to feel close to my old E36 M3, which had AST 4100s. This is the first time where the car kind of feels similar to the feel my E36 M3 had. Of course this could all be a placebo effect. Need to get more wheel time. I have a track day next week and will get lots of wheel time on the drive to the Chicago area on the highway, city streets as well as on the track. Then I have an autocross in 3 weeks, so I'll have all the bases covered. I'll update my review next week after the track day. For now, here are some pics. They are with my 17" track wheels...and I know I need to replace the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Going to do that next year.

Appreciate 0