08-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
jafo1701
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, 2016 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128GP View Post
nice quick recap jafo. Quick question,

An 18" wheel is going to be tucked in this setup no (koni yellows)?
how much lower are these vs the BMWPS?
Can you comment on the ride comfort vs BMWPS? Vs Stock MSport?

Is the extra drop worth the decrease in ride comfort (speaking as a daily driver, not track application)?
An 18" wheel with the correct off set should be tucked in with this setup. I haven't put my stock 18s back on since the summer started. I would be a pretty harsh ride with the runflats. Need to get rid of those. I would say the Swifts are just above .25 inches lower then my BMWPS. I compared it this way. When I had my BMWPS I could get 3 fingers under the tire fender well up front and 2.5 in the rear. Now I can only get 2 up front and 1.5 in the rear. As far as the ride comfort it is firmer then the BMWPS, but it absorbs the bumps very nicely. Then again I like the firm ride. Compared to the stock M sport it's hard to compare, as when I had the stock M sport springs in I also had the stock M sport Dampers, which were horrible. I imagine the stock M sport springs would work well with the Koni yellows..aka sports. As a daily driver I think they would work well with the BMW performance dampers or Koni's set near full soft. There are so many variables involved it's difficult to say if you would like it or not. As I mentioned before I like my suspension on the stiff side. That along with all the M3 bits, including the M3 subframe bushings makes it really firm. This is not my DD, but I could live with the suspension if it was.

Last edited by jafo1701; 08-06-2013 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0