03-21-2017, 09:24 PM   #7
White_i35
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Can you offer some more info on this? Such as what power source you used, where you ran the wires, etc.? I'd really love to do this myself
Sorry I'm just getting back to you I've been busy with my JB4 tune, new FMIC custom fab, and custom 3" downpipes back exhaust whew!!

I ran the power and ground together with an inline fuse where you run the JB4 under the air duct/cowl for HVAC in the engine bay. i tapped the ground to the Strut bolt, the power i tapped to the power tap (not sure the exact name but if you need to jump the car directly next to the strut bolts and DME).

I tapped my constant from the back of the headlight switch. i cannot remember which but there is an article out there that shows the electrical diagram for the headlight switch, i did this so long ago id have to take it off to see.

you can run the wires through the DME box if you want to go that route, its actually very very simple. if not there is a clutch grommet on the driver side you can run the wires through. I ran them through the clutch grommet which was before i knew how east the DME route would have been.

I than took out the stock headlight switch and carefully mounted a black switch. I could have spent more money and purchased the 128 or euro switch that has the active circuit board for the fog switch because mine did not (i tried and cut the plastic tabs, attempted to find constant & switch power but it wasn't found at the time).

I hope that helps, let me know if you have other questions and ill try and grab some pics, its just more of a pain to take it all apart to get pics of behind the switches and panels.
Appreciate 0