01-28-2014, 10:08 AM   #6
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Might sound crazy, but can you take a needle with a syringe and inject paint through the clearcoat (or through the ripped opening) to fill the chip and just leave existing bra there?

I would still pursue money, it is their fault and they need to pay regardless of whatever route you decide to go.
I'll definitely get my money's worth... I'm just peeved that no small repair will look right, and respraying the entire bumper will result in paint quality that is inferior to what's on there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat79 View Post
IMO, you're going to need to get the clear bra replaced and reapplied if you're going to get that paint properly fixed, whether it's through a touch-up or a blend (or a complete bumper respray).

any pictures?
I've accepted that much already. All that surrounding white stuff is salt.

The thing is I didn't even apply the clear bra on the back for incidents like this. It was more to cover the areas behind the wheels from anything kickbacked but it would look retarded to only cover those areas and leave the middle exposed. I even have one of those stupid bumper badgers I use when I street park in NYC, didn't think I"d need to use it even for the office valet, who mind you all they do is move cars around when someone is being blocked in. At the end of the day, they start relocating valet'd cars back to open spots. This genius thought it'd be great to reverse the car in.