View Single Post
      11-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Here logs from yesterday. Temp outside was 70deg F. I did about 15minutes of driving before taking this log, this log was from my 3rd and final run of the night. Other runs were not good because of road conditions...

This log shows a run from 3rd gear and to the end of 4th. I dont remember the mph I started at but I let off throttle around 120mph.

Starting IAT was 86deg and at the end of 3rd gear IAT was 95deg. So in 3rd gear with VRSF IC temps only went up 9 degrees.

Without stopping I shifted into 4th gear, starting IAT in 4th was 96deg and by the time I left off the throttle it had gone up to 111deg. Thats a 15 deg change.

So all in all, running through two complete gears WOT, the VRSF IC kept temps from rising more than 24 degrees.

Here is a log of my car with stock IC. All else kept the same.

This log was only a 3rd gear pull, IAT started at 75deg and at the end of the run IAT were 95deg. Keep in mind that in this run I only went to 5k rpm where as the VRSF IC runs I went to 6k or higher.

So it shows that the stock IC heats up much faster than the VRSF IC. Stock IC heated up in a 1 gear pull as much as a VRSF IC heats up in a 2 gear pull.
Appreciate 0