View Single Post
      04-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #22
Furo125i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW/CORAL 125i

Garage List
Sorry to hear that Alpine but it happens Alpine and i agree that the only to not deal with this shit is not to drive it, there are so many incompetent drivers out there.. mine was hit by a tow bar on the 10th of Feb, which created a nice hole on the left side of the number plate, and had to replace the whole front bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfi2906 View Post
That type of thing really annoys me. It shows 3 things:
1. Dishonesty - accidents happen, but at least own up to your mistakes.
2. Lack of respect for other people's property - if you break something that belongs to someone else, you should fix it. Don't we teach that to our children - maybe it's just me, but that's what we tought our kids
3. Incompetent driving - if you aren't capable of competant judgement, hand in your license.

I have a "pet peeve" with 4wd owners. I'm of the view that their vehicles instill in them an inappropriate level of confidence in their own ability and safety in their vehicles, which results in complete disregard for all other road (and carpark) users. For the most part, they are some of the most selfish drivers on the road, and appear quite happy with that role.

Every time a family friend announces that they've "bought the wife a 4wd", I reponds to "the wife" with - "Gee, I always though of you as a good driver. Most blokes buy those for their wives to wrap them in sheet metal so they don't hurt themselves or the kids." -- So far 2 4wd's have been replaced with a month of purchase - no BS!

I'm picking a 4wd did it!!!! nothing emotional in that statement.

I'm not making light of your situation, quite the opposite - it infuriates me that folks like us have to do "laps" of a carpark to find a spot where we think we're safe from the perils of incompetant and careless drivers, and 4wd's.

Sorry for your "scars", but they are fixable, and it'll be good as new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgad View Post
btw...looks like a big SUV with big ass bumpers hit ya....bastard!!

no note as well.. sigh..

It seems like our 1's is to small to be seen by SUVs.. and those with tow bars. I don't understand why they use them if they can't judge the distance especially those that extends 1 Meter out from the back.

I'm still against those that put on the tow bars for show -.- there should be regulations that forces them to at least cover them when it's not in use.