View Single Post
      09-18-2017, 09:57 AM   #14
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrach View Post
Yeah, I'm wondering if there is a limit on WGDC that is high enough to get closer to boost target in better weather / with better fuel than we have in AZ. I'd really like to see a log of a 3rd gear pull from someone running the stage 2 DCT OTS flash. I'm considering just trying the stage 2+ to see what results I get. I just don't get why WGDC is so low when boost is so far below target.

Did you see the Virtual Dyno screenshot I posted? Those were back to back runs on the same road on the same day and all I did was switch flash files in between. The Stage 0 and stage 2 are very close.
Depending on how the WGDC maps are configured there most certainly is a limit on how much duty cycle it will command... Even if it is significantly below target the WGDC will not increase unbounded. Again depends on how the WGDC is configured in the tune, but in general this seems to be a pretty standard way of tuning around here. Set targets that are way higher than it will ever hit and then tune the actual desired load/boost based on WGDC tables. Part of the reason this is done is that if the requested load/boost is always so far away from actually then you can avoid throttle closures all together.

FWIW, I don't actually agree with the philosophy much but thats another story.

As for the log, go look on E90post.com. there are far more people using MHD there than on the 1 series boards, simply by the virtue of number of 3 series cars out there versus 1 series.

Finally... I wouldn't put a ton of faith in a virtual Dyno log. Its not a bad tool but you have to use it properly. One thing I see right off the bat is that you are running in 2nd gear. Run in 3rd gear at a minimum, 4th is ever better. In general though I trust the DME data more than a V-dyno, the dme clearly reports more air (I.e. more power) in the case of the stage 2 log.
Appreciate 0