View Single Post
      08-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #16
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

I've gotten a fair number of tickets in NY, but not recently.

On my first road trip in my then brand new '96 318ti Sport, I got pulled over twice in one weekend by NYS Troopers. Got a ticket the first time for speeding, but the second time he let me off with a warning. (Funny story, my registration was in my manual zipper pouch right on top of the speeding ticket from the day earlier, I quickly slid out the registration hoping the trooper with the flashlight didn't see the ticket).

I got nabbed again in my '99 E46 on I-90 near Rochester. Then again that same year on I-93 just north of Manchester.

All during that time I continued to have the highest SDIP rating. Yet, the SDIP page on mass.gov says:

"Out-of-state incidents
Each out-of-state incident (traffic law violation or at-fault accident) is counted as one surchargeable incident."

I don't use a radar detector and I'm driving faster today than I ever did and it's been years since I've gotten a ticket. I did see this article in the globe a couple weeks ago:

Headline: Putting the brakes on speeding tickets
Date: Jul 31, 2011
http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas..._campaign=8315

"The number of speeding tickets handed out across the state has sharply declined, dropping by more than one-third since 2008, as budget-crunched police departments scaled back traffic details to focus on crime."

This definitely correlates with what I see driving on 495, 93 and 128 each day.
Appreciate 0