Fidiman
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d e82 M Sportpaket

Garage List
2010 120d E82  [10.00]
Which aftermarket suspension ?

Hiiii all 1Addicts ! I didn't post there since a long time ago but I still go on the forum every day (did I hear addicted :P ?).

I come finally back from my trip in Italy (I did a short step in the BMW Welt but it was very hard to take time to visit correctly the museum ) and the little mountain roads made me think I really have to change my suspension !

I have a set of 18" VMR VB3 in 8.5" front and 9.5" rear with Hankook Ventus V12 225/40 front and 255/35 rear.

First, I wanted to change just the springs but after having read a lot of informations, I think that's not a good idea .

Now I would like to find the best compromize for me :
- not too expensive
- not harsh and bouncy at all
- it could be a bit more comfortable
- the car have to be "placed on rails" when I drive : I find the nose not precise enought and the car don't turn flat when I'm hard cornering
- I don't want to have a impressive drop (just 25 or 30mm maximum)

I'm thinking about the Bilstein B12 Prokit or about the Bilstein B14. I just have a fear with them : rubbing ... But I rubbed a bit the last month in the moutain roads when I have a person or two with me and now nothing (I think I filed down the rear fenders).
Perhaps with an alignment that would be OK ?

The springs are firmer aren't them ?

I wouldn't like to have to roll my fender 'cause I read that would be very pricy : Oliver_TFE paid 1000€ (1240$) to roll them ...

I will probabely buy a M3 or H&R antiroll bar too in order to have a very precise front (but I don't want to have a heavier one).

And last but not least I can have the B12 Prokit for 590€ (730$) and the B14 for 850€ (1050$).

What do you advise me to do ? Is there something better ? I'm looking to change it since last May and still have no ideas ...

Thank's in advance guys !

Fidi'

Last edited by Fidiman; 08-17-2012 at 08:22 AM..
Appreciate 0