View Single Post
      07-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
Bim135AUS
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

Dinan Oil Cooler performance on the track

Just been to the Phillip Island track on Saturday for a practice day with PIARC and finally scored some top weather.

Ver impressed with the Dinan Oil Cooler which kept temperatures to a rock steady 120c, lap after lap. That's a full 15c less than without the cooler.

Highly recommended for anyone serious about tracking their cars.

Andrew and Jimmy from SouthernBM did the install for me which was straightforward and without any issues.

I also noticed a great improvement from the Dinan Cold Air Intake with the engine pulling hard between 6000 and 6,800 rpms (I kept under 7000 to avoid the rev limiter and associated check lights)

The car pulls more like naturally aspirated rather than turbo at this upper rev range. No more "dying in the bum" over 6000 like the N54 normally exhibits.

Whilst I didn't get a time due to it being a practice day, I did note my top speed on the straight was just on 240k's as against a previous best of 230k's without the Dinan CAI

That's a pretty impressive increase in top speed and shows the effect of the better breathing over 6000rpm.

Once again, the guys at SouthernBM did the install of the Dinan CAI for me which went without a hitch.

They also installed the Dinan axleback exhaust for me which is now burning in nicely and sounds a hell of a lot better than the woosey stock exhaust, without the annoying drone that most other Aftermarket exhausts produce at highway speeds.

HIghly recommended mods
BMW 135I manual AW, red Coral, Procede processor, CDV, SprintBooster, H&R Front & Rear Sway Bars, Yokohama AO50's, SouthernBM camber plates, BMW Performance Rotors, Dinan Cold Air Intake, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Oil Cooler, HPF Intercooler, Koni Front Sport Yellows, M3 rear subframe bushes
Appreciate 0