06-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #59
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
I'm not too sure on the technical aspects but I do know the benefits to the ER Charge Pipe are:

* The ER one is 3" throughout, from intercooler to throttle body so there's no kinks or restrictions to airflow.
* In addition the stock plastic charge pipe (which leaks in some cars, doesn't leak in others) has an internal sound baffle which causes further turbulence to the airflow before it reaches the throttle body, the ER one eliminates this further improving airflow (and in theory, throttle response).

Tbh, for most daily cars, it's probably not necessary unless you are already experiencing boost leak.

Imo, reasons for upgrading in order of priority:

1. You'll be visiting the track or enjoying spirited driving and want peace of mind that your charge pipe won't blow off - potentially leaving you stranded or damaging something in the engine bay,
2. To eliminate boost leak,
3. You want to run meth, and/or
4. You personally like the sound of a blow off valve
Just want to requote this. Although, practically there probably isn't much difference.

I personally have the CP because 1M was known to blow off its CP, and whilst I am at it, decided to have the Froge DV as well for increase boost for later mods.

I love presenting complete data - so theoretically the CP may increase response due to the above reasons, but practically it might not be significant.

Vinney, have you got any delta on your IATs? Silly me haven't logged them before I changed it over.
Appreciate 0