blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yandy View Post
If you buy a BBK, I don't see how expecting a Track pad is reasonable. On the street the pads you received should be more than reasonable. If you want to track, you should buy real track pads, PFC, Carbotech, Hawk DTC-70/60, Pagids and so on.

I can understand the frustration if it was streets and they were worn out after a couple of months. But tracking the car, you really should be looking for track specific pads, and those unless you buy Endurance compound, will not last that long either.

I'll probably take the front only route when I decide on a BBK, not entirely sure the rears are necessary. As of right now, two track days on new XP12 Carbotech on the rears, and they are untouched it seems, the fronts however were gone after 3 days. Using the RP2 endurance compound to see if it last longer.

But like I said, look into a Pagid RS29 or PFC 08, those pads last a long time and are true proven track pads.
Yeah it's true I shouldn't expect miracles with pads, but my stock pads running on stock calipers lasted 10 track days with 9k miles of spirited driving in between. These are grossly more expensive, perform slightly better, last 1/8th of the time. Talk about the law of diminishing returns.

I am going to get the DS2500 for now since I've had really good experiences with them before and I'm gonna order some dedicated track pads once I figure out what is least likely to chew up the rotors. Part of the issue with the Brembo's is they have really only three manufacturers that sell pads for that caliper. Hawk, Ferodo, and CL. The Hawk's are the least expensive at like 360-370 for the pair and they go up from there. If you believe the marketing stuff the track pads from CL are suppose to last much, much longer, but I'd rather try and find someone who has used them before I shell out 5 bills for a pair of pads.

I'm hopeful that the pads will turn them from good to great. I guess we shall see.
Appreciate 0