View Single Post
      09-23-2008, 04:26 AM   #63
ExMX5
Engineering Tool
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123D-M View Post
I'm not coming home until this tax is binned.
Belgium has a much harsher tax system than most countries but even they don't have this! (the gf is from Rosselare near Brugge and *she* thinks tax in Aus sucks!)

I was honestly flabbergasted when I saw that 42% of families pay no tax on aggregate.

As an unmarried but domestically de factoed young person I obviously don't get much in the way of breaks, so it rankles a lot when I see little benefit from my tax dollar.

I'd happily accept LCT if I saw a decent driver training program (get rid of P-plates ffs, L's until you can drive and skidpan training for all) and road improvements paid for by it.

But doubtless it'll just be shoved into pathetic "have a baby" incentives that'll go straight on a Widescreen TV and a 1% downpayment on a Alternative-A loan for an overpriced McMansion, raising HECs debts for the next generation to sponsor basketweaving courses and dis-incentivising anyone from actually wanting to earn money.

I'm not bitter :biggrin:

Due December 15th!
Appreciate 0