View Single Post
      05-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #16
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
The 128i MSport I have is superb. It IS an enthusiasts car...with handling and speed in porportion to ANYthing you will do OFF track. I know as I do both street and track, just not in that car. Its a stitch. The Sport suspension is best of course, and the run flats on this 2011 are simply great. I do NOT like run flats, got rid of them on my 08 Z4si, as those were like bricks,,but not on this 128i. I thot I would do get rid of them..but not now. The larger wheels and tires on the MSport make a diff and all in all a great little package. No flames on this please: but launch is simply not needed unless you wish to drag race the thing, and then that won't prove very much. IF you wish to drag race, then I recco a beefier muscle car OTHER than the 1er. For everything else, as the ad says..there is the 1er. Pop for the uprades, save some money and have the better suspension and seats. Enjoy getting it...you will love it.
Respectively, I have to disagree with this statement about the 128i being an enthusiast car especially if you drive a auto in this car. The power isn't "there" to really be considered an enthusiast car, but if your into modding every single car like myself, it helps getting over the fact that the car is slower than most cars in the same price range. The sport package makes a minimal difference in terms of handling and overall ride, though the 128i would make a great autocross car with fully tuned suspension. Don't get me wrong, I love the car as a daily commuter , back and forth to work, but I will use my 370z to take care of my speed and track needs being that it's practically track ready from the factory floor and has good power to boot. This is my opinion so take it how you will and no disrespect to the above post.