Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITE46 View Post
The range is about 100miles depending on a bunch of factors like speed, temperature, terrain, etc. If you like to drive aggressively...plan on 50 miles...In the MiniE, it is roughly the same, we have ran out of juice a couple of times which meant we were towed home. It's important to know where your level 2 240V chargers are if you plan to travel more than 80 miles on that day.

Weight: 4000lb
And this is why electric cars fail. 4000lbs and requires a tow company on speed dial.

It's a niche and a gimmick. I'm sure the R&D, and everything that must be done to make those batteries is the same if not worse for the environment. And not every electric socket is pushing out clean electricity!

While I value BMW's effort, all car companies need to realize that a step backwards in usability just cannot work in our society.

I've NEVER ran out of gas. I've only once had a car break down on me that required a tow (Ford, go figure). How many times has your watch, cell phone, laptop, or other electronic device failed on you even when their batteries said they had enough juice? How many times have they been unreliable on a really hot or really cold day.

I'm not against alternative fuel, I'm just for one that makes a bit more of sense. Just what everyone wants, a second, more expensive car that is potentially unreliable out of concept.
Appreciate 0