08-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #63
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni8284 View Post
For the update of my story.

I just picked up my car today, and the SA told me I have warped rotors at the front. both with 0.008MM.

So they replaced both front rotors under warranty, but no new pads installed.

Case closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toni8284 View Post
You are right. And I hope it ended my bad luck.

I ordered Ferodo DS2500 and it should arrive tomorrow.

My next track day is at NJMP Lighting on 9/7.

I hope *finger crossed* this time is problem free!

When is your next event?
Haha yeah!!!

Nice. I ran limerock with my new PFC08's. IDK how those are, but i would consider running stock pads on the back. I ran the 08's all around and sometimes experienced shuddering during hard braking, and it may just not be necessary for different back pads. Personally, im still not completely used to the new hot biting power. The PFC's are just ridiculous. It was like going back to square one because my braking strategy, pedal use, etc. had to completely change with them. I was overbraking way too much.

On a positive note my instructor (races F2000 cars) was blown away by the braking power. He was in disbelieve when he asked if they were 2 or 4 pot brakes and I said 1

As of right now I may be done for the season Not sure how many more weekdays I can get off as I am working in Hartford CT for at least the next month or so, and then Boston. I would love to go back to NJ.

I have put power mods aside for now.. My next priority is to save for a set of APEX Arc-8's with some stickier rubber. Oh yeah that reminds me, my rear tires are TOAST and definitely not track worthy. (Dont know whether to or lol )
Appreciate 0