View Single Post
      05-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #6
Séve
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3syd View Post
I'm starting to feel that the pendulum has started to swing a bit too far leftwards with this Government. I think there are a lot of left wing 'do-gooders' and unionists in the party still wet behind the ears, eager to push their agendas now that they find themselves in power.

Take the recent 70% increase in excise on Ready to Drink (RTDs) alcohol. This was implemented virtually overnight without any industry consultation. Some bright spark came up with the idea that this will reduce the amount of binge drinking amongst young people.

All this move has done is to make buying neat sprits more attractive and kids are going to mix their own drinks at a higher concentration than in RTDs and get even more smashed. Stupid policy, not thought through by some pen pushing bureaucrat!

I get off my soap box now...
It seems government in general creates more problems than it solves, doesn't it? It's amazing to me that you're being punished at a rate of 33% for your hard work. Diminishing incentive isn't good for anyone. I don't think I could take it. Then again, it's probably about to get that way here too.
Appreciate 0