06-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #16
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDPNDT View Post
Thanks for the info however I think there might be some confusion. I never said I was looking at the cheapest solutions out there.

In fact, I said I was looking for options and peoples recommendations. I had merely put the systems that I had looked at in order to avoid everybody coming in and saying.. look at this or that. (The solutions I already looked at). Also, the systems I mentioned above are the systems that a solid 80% of the people on here are using.

I see people on this forum go out and get only springs - now thats a cheap solution that you and I both know is not the right way of doing things. I doubt running coilovers is considered a "cheap" solution. Additionally, last I checked, dropping over $2,500 on suspension upgrades (between swapping to M3 parts and struts/springs) is not the "cheapest solution" out there.

For what it's worth, I'm going to be running 19's and ultimately plan on being dropped about 1.2".
You aren't going to get decent ride quality while simultaneously going for 19"s and looking at the inexpensive systems that you're considering (yes eibach and ST are cheap)

I tried to explain why. And I don't think you have me enough credit. I read your op and I gave a decent answer. It may not have been what you were looking to hear.

But just because I didn't agree with you doesn't mean I was bashing

Also none of what you mentioned is $2500 even with the M3 parts. ST run about $1100, eibach about the same, Koni yellows and BMW perf ccombo is $1400 last time I checked as was Koni/HR.

I mentioned Bilsteins, some will mention KW.

Actually KW might be your best bet. Pick yourself up a set of V1s and drop the car, plenty of people have done that. A lot more than any of the options you mentioned in the OP

Appreciate 0