Thread: PCD Mishap
View Single Post
      11-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #23
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

So here's an update to my issue. I was finally able to pick up my car 2 weeks ago. Basically I got a call saying my car was ready a week after my failed PCD attempt (11/4). I booked a ticket on Saturday (11/12) for a Sunday (11/13) flight and got set up at the Marriott Greenville. (BMWNA will be reimbursing me for both flight and hotel) Picked the car up Monday morning and got home about 4am on Tuesday.

I'll fill in my trip on another thread, but I just want to get some opinions on BMWNA's attempt to make it up to me. Basically it was suggested to me, by more than one person, that I should request the one day M driving school for me and a guest. I did that and recently I learned that it was denied. BMWNA offered me 1k in BMW performance products as a credit. I do not plan on buying anymore BMW performance products so I again asked for the M school. They came back to me saying they would reimburse me for the electric performance steering wheel I have(bought with a group buy so not MSRP). I have not accepted that offer yet. In my opinion I don't feel like that was a fair or reasonable offer for the trouble I went through. Here are the issues that still irk me:
-PCD set for 11/4
-got a phone call on 11/3, 6 hours into my trip saying I would not be able to leave with my car. I had already booked a cabin for the following day. If I was notified earlier I could of cancelled the whole trip and re-planned for the next week. I was not able to do that, so my buddies and I drove back like we had planned without my car
-had to take those days off from work
-my car's spoiler was installed off center
-had to take another two more days off work for the second trip down, which was done alone

I'm just hitting the main points of my experience, but I just want to see if people think BMWNA's offer is fair and I'm just being greedy or what. This is my first BMW and personally I thought they would have handled the situation much better. Of course I'm ecstatic about the car but the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.
Appreciate 0