View Single Post
      03-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #41
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo135 View Post
Scott said something to the effect of it being a surprise or that BMW doesn't always "show all their cards" when they list the entrants for a show.
That sounds alike lot bunch of marketing speak. (See below from southlight's comment.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Unfortunately it's true that BMW have postponed the debut of the M1 Concept.

I'm able to share some information SCOTT thankfully provided:

It turns out that the BMW board members drove an M1 prototype earlier this week and asked for siginificant changes due to some problems affecting the car as well as changes to the car including more weight reduction and a new Brake Energy Recovery System.

Another significant factor that played a role to this decision was the current economic climate, which made BMW feel that it should put the focus on products coming to the market soon. There are several production models arriving at Geneva for market introduction, hence it is important for BMW to focus on products which are about to go on sale.

Best regards,
south
I think they should can the M1 on E82 platform and start fresh with the new 1 series chassis. Introducing E82 to NA for practical reasons extended platform's lifetime, (since 2004) and I don't think they will build a new M for one or two build year, meaning it may be 2012 or 2013 until the next update.
Appreciate 0