View Single Post
      09-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
icasio
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Unhappy Pacific BMW PDI Joy Ridden 1M Coupe Was Mine!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So, I was the sucker who ended up purchasing this 1M from Pacific Glendale on Aug 26th, 10 days after this clip went online...I bought it for $10k over sticker. The dealership never mentioned a word about the joyride scenario during their sales pitch for obvious reasons.

I'm new to the BMW world but was won over by the 1M and so the question and help I ask of all of you is what should I do? The story goes like this;

-Bought the car on the 26th. Dealership knew they were selling me a car that had been driven improperly by their techs but of course never mentioned this to me.

-They denied me the chance to test drive it citing that it was a highly sought after car and they weren't allowing anyone to take it out in an effort to keep low miles on the vehicle (understandable, but I guess this message was never relayed to their techs).

-When the story breaks and goes public (NBC and KTLA both did TV news coverage of it here) the manager calls me all worried and asks if I had seen my car in the news. This was 5 days after the purchase. I say, "no." He goes on to say that the techs video taped the PDI and posted it on youtube and they were fired for it. He then goes on to curse the news outlets for not having the integrity to go after "real news." I tell him that I'll look online for more of the story.

-Then I see the clip and realize that it wasn't just some standard PDI that was taped but that it was a joyride that was taped. In my car. My stomach dropped.

-I'm feeling it's fair to ask for the $10k over sticker that I paid to be refunded. The dealership basically laughed and said we'll give you $2k back. At this point I'm bringing in a lawyer.

Thoughts/advice? I mean $10k is much less than the damage that a story like this causes a brand like BMW. It's got to be embarrassing for BMW NA to have to babysit dealerships like Pacific BMW.

Thanks in advance.

Original joy ride video:

Appreciate 0