View Single Post
      01-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #220
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver21 View Post
Hmm, I thought I was the only one that always told the dealer not to give my car the free wash.

I don't want someone else polishing swirls into my paint ...
haha Yes, the dealership actually has a specified key ring for my car which reminds them NEVER to wash it. They washed my ZHP one time and I went berserk. First world problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeps View Post
Are you getting this work done under warranty? I spoke to my SA and he stated that they do not do early service on our cars since it is not a M. I would love to have all this changed on my IS just not sure if it will be out of pocket. Keep me informed.
No, not under warranty - all out of pocket. People will debate the merits of this service ad nauseum; that's the cool thing about your own car, you can service and take care of it as you see fit. I tend to go along with Mike Miller (of Roundel and Bimmer Mag) and his Old School Maintenance Schedule.

BMW will only pay for your maintenance at the indicated intervals (between 10 and 15k or so), so if you intend on doing any intermediary oil changes (7.5k), they're out of pocket, too.

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0