View Single Post
      02-18-2009, 03:16 AM   #2
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

If your budget stretches into the $400 range, I'd highly recommend the Bosch GEX150 Turbo.

Doesn't quite have the throw of the PC (I'm not familiar with the UDM), but has the massive benefit of forced rotation. That means at the fastest speeds you can get the correction of a rotary, with the balance of random orbital safety. And of course it can be switched to just random orbital mode when applying glazes, etc...

I wouldn't say it is quite idiot proof as it can generate buffer trails if not held correctly, but it won't do them as easily nor burn through paint easily like a rotary.

The place I brought it from had to do a special order as they hadn't heard it and said I should get a proper rotary or a Festool Rotex....then a pointed them to the specs and they realised they had a bargain detailing available from Bosch they never realised existed.

My 2 cents worth.