aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N55_BBM View Post
I always thought your car was the sexiest 1er around because it stuck to one principle I think a BMW should always follow: it should be classy. All your modifications were simple and elegant.. Those VMR 701's were clean and hell, they even made the silly chrome trim look good.

But now I think you violated that principle of elegance... In my opinion these new wheels look kinda silly and belong on a Honda or an Infinity, not a BMW... but everyone has a different taste so I do respect that.. So enjoy your new wheels!

I'll leave you with one question though... if the problem was the rubbing situation, why not just go with 18" VMR 701s then ? Dammit!
I believe I still have the class there. I never let that part of my concept for this car slide. Which is why I opted for full polish and not just go ahead and black out everything on my car. I admit, I did think about that though I like how my car is JDM meets BMW/class. The concept is still there, just in mesh wheel form. And as of now, I still have the VMRs, my relationship with VMR is still great, I still love the wheels, but after a year, some changes had to be made. Its like changing shoes Maybe these new shoes are flashier and of a larger size, but that only means Im growing. Right?

Originally I did want the V701s in 18" but it never did happen. I remember I did state that fact in my progress thread somewhere. And if I really wanted a similar wheel, I could have went for some Advans RS, which btw do NOT have the correct offset, in fact the closest Advans RS that would fits this car is almost the same offset as these CCWs. I did my research. So you read my mind. This is not the end of me and VMRs though, rest assured If the wheels don't sell, I have something up my sleeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
I was referring more to like pot holes or uneven roads. Reason I ask is cause the ride on non rft 18 is way better then non rft 19 i had on my G37S.
well with 18's you can have more tires without rubbing I would go with 18s if you want comfort. non rft of course.

Last edited by 1013mm; 01-18-2011 at 09:30 PM..
Appreciate 0