Fed P
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Perfect woman, hold on to that one

"Excuse me dear, would you care to pass me the other RB, please?"

Exactly, I got myself a real keeper! Don't know how I got so lucky but there we are =)

I'm very happy that two people, including Tiago, have mentioned that the 7" VRSF requires trimming as I thought it must going by the size. It did seem implausible, I'm not sure where the info started that's it plug-in but hopefully someone can find that piece of info useful here.

BBBluey there are many reasons for getting the FMIC. I would say the first reason was that I will be installing RBs soon I wanted the IC to keep up with increasing levels of boost. Beyond that, I've always been a sucker for efficiency and perfection in everything I deal with, so I want the car to be all that it can be. Finally, methanol is a highly controlled substance here so that route of cooling is cut off for me (though I am told, no joke, that people run meth kits filled with vodka here. theoretically we are talking water and alcohol after all, does make some sense). Oh, and I'm running JB4.

Finally, the continued bickering here has reaffirmed my belief that I made the right choice by not going with Helix. I agree that eric@helix was far more professional but the image of the company is soured, even if I can put myself into their shoes and imagine I'd be pissed as hell if someone really did copy my work (though I am not convinced this is the case either). Basically, the situation is a mess and with so many other options out there, I didn't want to reward the potential copiers or the aggressive accusers.

If the ER turns out to be too much cutting I'll try to sell it here and go back to the drawing board.
Appreciate 0