View Single Post
      02-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #7
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

So, some work happened this weekend. My brother let me borrow his 2-post lift to install my coilovers. Here's my car on the lift and his shop.

On the ground checking the ride height, seeing if I want to adjust the height any more.

Got it home and washed it, needed a wash very bad.

Needs some spacers, but hopefully I'll be buying wheels soon so I'm going to leave it as is. This isn't the final ride height, I'll be going lower when I get wheels.

Also, the coilover install went well, had a few hiccups but nothing too major. The ride is good, they are a somewhat stiffer than the stock suspension. I really like the ride so far, but I've only driven on them two days so far. I am hoping that when I get rid of the RFT's that it will soften it up a bit.

Oh, I almost forgot. I tried on the CCW's from the red ZR1 that was in the shop and they fit surprisingly well (higher offsets, he is running spacers on the ZR1). I didn't measure the wheels but I believe they are 18x10.5 on the rear, and had 285/35R18 tires on them. I looked underneath at the clearance and I had plenty of clearance between the wheel/tire and shock to go wider. The fronts are 17's, not sure of the width

This is rolling out of the shop, tucking 285's

Appreciate 1