Killer-Bimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E60 M5 & '12 128i ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup
Welcome and nice pickup, enjoy it!

I don't particularly have any E60 hate, but from the few people I've talked to with SMG have always seemed less then ecstatic about its quirkiness, along with the cost of any service they needed done. Other than that, I don't see the big deal, I think the E60 is gorgeous, love both your rides!
Yes many complain of the SMG, because they are expecting an auto tranny or one that acts like one , but is quicker. Took me some time to drive it smoothly and it takes awareness while driving to run smooth. I knew what it was and what I was buying so I love its character. I've been in some fast cars and the 1/4 mile tracks most my life and this is still the most brutal shifting factory tranny in a production car. If people want smooth and reliable get a Honda. The people who keep complaining about everything that gave M cars their character they are the ones that are destroying M. For purist we'll just move to another brand or build our own I buy my cars for the enjoyment not what R&T or C&D says is the fastest. Take any production car they test and it will gets its doors blown off in the 1/4 by a garage built ford Pinto
Cheers!
Appreciate 0