01-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #109
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwun View Post
I am still waiting for BMW to confirm my build date, very frustrating. I ordered the car in August and AutoClassic haven't got any good news for me yet. i received this info from them last week

'I have spoken to our Stock Controller and she has explained that BMW Australia is currently allocating 1-2 build slots each month for all outstanding orders for the new 1M.
Your order is currently moving up the list, however, at this stage BMW has not confirmed a build month for your vehicle. BMW confirmed that all orders will be allocated prior to June.'

Is there another way I can get some info on my order?
Unfortunately no.

there is no promise until my order was actually built. I was confident I had a car since I was the 4th in line at BMW Melbourne (order made in Jan last year). But I had nothing concrete until pretty much last August when my order processed in BMW headquarters.

Your dealer has to keep on top of it. So many outstanding orders and even BMW Australia may not be getting a constant supply. I wonder the final number will ever get close to 200. . Per capita we are getting more 1M than North America already (740 cars for 10+ times of population)

Does anyone know how many 1M BMW Australia get each month. I know who to call but I can't be bothered? If you are watching this Howard, pls reply,..