United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msos View Post
For ChrisK who asked about holding redline today for the first time I took it took redline and it shifted for me to the next gear so unless I am doing something wrong this is probably a good thing........as car feels like it reached peak performance prior to redline anyhow. Once you push this motor it really seems to get to high speeds quickly. At least twice today on the highway I was over 110mph within a few seconds and with plenty more to go...........

As for MPG.......not sure how the others are driving but my average according to the computer read out is now heading down from a peak of 20.2 to 19.7 and seems to be heading lower. Considering this is supposed to be a performance oriented car.........why are some so obsessed with MPG?
Next time try holding down the + paddle down after selecting the next gear.

Ex. 1st to 2nd gear, if you want to hold redline in 2nd gear and prevent it from shifting as you would in a manual just hold down the paddle when you go to pull it to shift into 2nd gear, except this time don;'t release it and give it gas to redline. Just be ready to let the paddle go or else it will bounce off the rev limiter as it would in a manual.
Appreciate 0