09-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #17
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj.rodriguez View Post
Hm. Never thought of that. I just picked up a really inexpensive set of 335i brakes for my 128i. Haven't come yet, but I think since the 335 front bolts up, the bbks for 335 should also. The only issue is that each BBK is specifically made for the car that they're going on. Internals may be different along with piston surface area and all that fun stuff.

Some people say that the master cylinder must be swapped for a brake system with higher piston surface area, but I'm unsure on this fact.

I will give the fronts a shot and see what happens with the rears. The bias shouldn't be affected that much if you were to do fronts only since the BMW performance brakes for the 128i are just fronts and an "updated" rear stock caliper.

Anyway, maupineda, have you noticed any improvement after bleeding?
The pedal feel was actually a little better with the stock brakes, but then I was using god knows what pads (I used the pads that came with the calipers) and my car had originally OE pads (Euro spec) and those tend to have very good initial bite. however the stopping power was a little better with the 335i brakes and I simply was unable to fade them, but I never tracked it. however the original set did show fade once.

So it is an upgrade, and I am sure that using the right pads would match the initial feel the OE pads of my original set had.
Appreciate 0