Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cradlerobber View Post
padlock - I pulled up my old service invoices.

When I first brought it in they believed it was a vacuum leak. They found no leaks from the intake manifold but replaced my valve cover due to a noisy oil separator. The noise continued so I believe they had to call for help from higher up and were instructed to replace the rear main seal (11-11-7-587-168 / Case #45638082). I had 3500 miles on the car and this happened two months after delivery.

I hope this information can help you out.
Thanks again for getting me that info... It was real nice to have some background when dropping off my car this morning. My car isnt making the noise today, but based off the video i took, they seem to think its either the Main seal or the Belt tensioner.

Hopefully should hear back from them early next week on what they end of fixing.

Till then, im rollong in a nice 328 loaner

Matthew Gallop: '12 N55 Mods: JB4 Flex ISO | iCarbon DP | VRSF 5" FMIC | BMS Intake | ER Charge Pipe | Race Axleback | ST Coils | Alufelgen CS7's | iCarbon 3 fin Diffuser |
Blackline LCI | CarbonFiber Spoiler | Orion v4 AE's | 30% tint | red+blk roundels | Cyba Scoops | H-Style front Lip | WeissLicht LED Smoked Sidemarkers | Matte Grills | Coded |
Appreciate 0