First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 MT E82

Garage List
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMike View Post
I guess I dont see the issue. The car developed a problem (it is used...) and the dealer is taking care of it? If they cant fix it or it takes an obscene amount of time to fix, then I would be upset. If it was a brand new car and starting having issues immediately, then I would be upset. If you buy a used car and there are issues but the dealer is fixing it, then what is wrong? As I see it, you get a brand new loaner to put miles on while they fix your car..
Maybe the car was beat on a little bit before the previous owner turned it in? It was a leaser return so maybe it once had an aftermarket UICP and when the previous owner returned it to stock he missed something? I wouldnt get too worried right now and see if the dealer can fix it. Then, ask them exactly what happened and ask the new dealer to look over the car to make sure there is nothing else wrong. Everytime I take my BMW in, the dealer looks it over and gives me a little sheet saying whats going on with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1descending View Post
This. I don't see why getting a lawyer involved would be necessary at this point. Used cars are sold as-is and you got CPO (and it should still have factory bumper to bumper warranty) to protect yourself financially from a situation like this, so as long as they fix it they are holding up their end of the bargain.

I completely understand why you'd be unhappy about this but I think all this talk of lawyers and lemon laws is a massive overreaction at this point.
Fair enough, I agree with you guys on principle, that is completely reasonable. I think discussion of lawyers was somewhat premature. I am waiting to see what the explanation is from the dealer and continuing on as normal if I don't see any other issues with the car.

I hope you can forgive me for being overly concerned when I just invested what I consider a lot of money on a luxury car (used or not) and have it break down the next day.
Appreciate 0