View Single Post
      05-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #33
CGMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz135 View Post
Fair enough, I agree with you guys on principle, that is completely reasonable. I think discussion of lawyers was somewhat premature. I am waiting to see what the explanation is from the dealer and continuing on as normal if I don't see any other issues with the car.

I hope you can forgive me for being overly concerned when I just invested what I consider a lot of money on a luxury car (used or not) and have it break down the next day.
I totally understand and I would be a little upset as well. Your concern is justified, Im glad the dealer took care of it. The uicp is a pretty common thing too, plastic doesnt hold up well to boost and heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz135 View Post
Update:
The dealership called me today saying the problem was fixed. They said the intake boot was coming off during hard acceleration and was putting the car into LIMP mode due to a change in airflow detected by some airflow sensor. They replaced it, and I drove the car a bunch tonight and pushed it fairly hard. Overall seemed great.

The only issue I still occasionally have is when I'm decelerating and roll through something like a yield sign, or if a light goes from red to green, and then I hit the accelerator semi-hard there is a significant turn over time (~1-1.5 seconds) before the gear catches. Anyone else have this happen with the DCT?
The DCT thing seems like a pretty common issue. I had a 328i as a rental (brand new) and it did the same thing. The trans doesnt know what to do and hesitates for a second. The 328 did it when down shifting too. The joys of owning an automatic all of them do it to some extent.
Appreciate 0