vertebra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x97Melbourne
I'm not on this site as often as many and certainly don't pay super close attention...but what I can say is EVERYTIME I look at the posts, someone is complaining about either reliability or "livability" issues with the DCT. What the OP is describing sounds horrible!!! And...I've read it dozens of times. I'm sure there are many cars that run perfectly, but it seems like an overabundance of issues with the DCT. Does anyone disagree?? - This can't be my imagination. But, to the OP...sorry about your troubles, I'd be kind of discouraged.

Everyone knows the new 2 series doesn't offer a DCT.....doesn't that tell anyone anything???

What I do know is you couldn't pay me enough money to buy a 135i with the DCT. My 2008 135i MT was 100% engine/transmission trouble-free for 35,000 HARD Miles. I beat the hell out of that thing! :-)

Prediction: Your car will be back in the shop within 7500 miles. Hope I'm wrong......
I have been an avid reader of the forum and I don't see that many DCT problems. I have not read of any recalls. As far as the 2er not having a DCT... my guess is it will be exclusive to the M2. It's not like BMW stopped producing DCT. Other models have it. Don't scare the OP with BS opinions in order to evangelize MT.

Posted from 1addicts.com App for Android