View Single Post
      05-23-2014, 07:18 AM   #41
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz135 View Post
Hi Fcman, I posted an update regarding this in the other thread linked above. I had the new software installed and it is significantly better. The driving at low speeds is worlds better, doesn't lurch nearly as much and no more stalling or engine randomly revving. I do still ocassionally have throttle hesitation, but it doesn't last as long as it used to, nor does it happen as frequently. So still somewhat annoyed at the occasional throttle delay, but still worlds more drivable than before.

And I posted that the hidden upside was that my car seemed significantly faster, so I completely agree. Not sure what they changed on the stock tunes, but the car feels like it has 50 more ft/lbs of torque.
I did the throttle reset the other day and the drivability seems better. I still get a little rev change at idle (with and without the AC on) but not as bad as before where it would rev past 1200rpm.

I'm try to wear the RFTs down as quickly as possible because they just aren't able to handle the least amount of torque.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0