View Single Post
      12-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #239
Sugarphreak
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
You are missing the whole point of this car. It will drive like an M, and that experience alone should justify an extra 10-15K. It should be finely tuned and balanced. The last thing that car needed was power, and with a chip problem solved anyways. We should all drive it before not liking it
I would almost agree as I live and breath that credo myself. I have had a chance to autocross a 135i before and it nothing short of a hoot to drive... but it was too heavy, you could feel the weight in the corners and it needed more power for the longer stretches. To say I have been waiting for an M version of this car is a huge understatement.

I was hoping the M car would either drastically increase the horsepower and widen out the stance... or conversely drop a lot of weight off the car to try and make it more responsive (personally I prefer the lighter option).

The problem is neither of those have occurred... it had a marginal increase in power and a negligible decrease in weight, what has really been accomplished here?

The wider stance looks promising, but a 135i with a set of sticky tires likely can pull the same corners off as this car... not to mention for autocross a narrower can can often get through elements a lot quicker anyway.

I don't know, maybe it will be surprisingly once the comparison reviews start to come out.... I just can't help but feel disappointed at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
Considering the fact that the 1M is 9000$ USD over the 135i i would price it around 52000-53000 cdn $.
I was basing my numbers around the 328i convertible, it goes for 45,500 in the US and 57,300 in Canada.... I would assume the price scheme would be similar, but who knows.
Appreciate 0