United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3, 2010 135i, 2004 WRX

Garage List
2010 135i  [6.00]
2004 WRX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray101381 View Post
I think most people would agree when i say that there really is no comparison between the two. If i wanted the fastest car i could've bought a 30k car and put 20k into it and have a quicker track car than an 1M, which i have done with an STi. the reason i decided i wanted a 1M was the history and panache of BMW. it's a very well engineered car with lots of history behind the brand, not saying the nissan isn't well engineered but BMW's are known for their dynamic driving experience and brand heritage. Simply said they have more character than the nissan. If someone with a 370z wants to say there car is so much faster, which probably isn't the case, so be it. but it goes beyond the numbers. i'm sure if you ask most people which would they rather have a nissan or a bmw, i would bet most if not all would choose a bmw. i know it's cliche but a bmw is "the ultimate driving machine" and that comes from the feel and experience a car gives you, from the thud of the door, to the spartan interior, to every bit of the car's over-engineered german goodness. so to each his own, but i'm proud to own a BMW, and i don't care that it's not the fastest, but what it can do, it does very well, and it is very well executed.
+1. When I went shopping for a new car a little over a year ago i was looking at the 370Z, Corvette, and a 1 series. I also own a WRX that is modded to hell and did not want another track car but a nice car with a good ride and power. That immediately threw out the Vette. The 370Z was a harsh ride and just reminded me of my WRX. I was looking for something smoother. The BMW fit the bill. It was extremely quiet and had the immediate power unlike my turbo lagging WRX and nothing like the 370Z which likes to be revved high. I'm happy with my decision but little did I know how quick the 1 series was. Car and Driver has it beating the 370z around VIR and the 135i has a faster 1/4 mile. Berk did an amazing job in the unlimited class in superlap.

Looks like the Mod Bug has bitten me again.