01-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #16
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
The coupe Rob is 18 months 2 years away, and you dreaming if you think the new one will be less than $160k. Great car at a great price IMHO, but I am glad I sold my '08 car last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob32R View Post
Thanks John I didn't realise it was that far away from hitting Australian shores because I've been reading some reports with speculations of it having a bi-turbo or tri-burbo with about 450hp. Having read the reports and motor journalist insights I have always thought it was only about a year away from release (2014).
To clarify the new M3 will be coming 2014 as a sedan. The coupe would become the M4 and I would say probably 2 years before we see it in the Australian market but probably 18months before launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
so it's cut down to ALMOST a regular 3er with the V8 in it (and all the other M bits of course, suspension/subframe etc.)? that's fair enough i think, awesome price!

ED:

the E36 M3 cost $124,650 when it was introduced in 1994.

wow the E36 M3 was VERY expensive

i haven't worked it out, but counting inflation, this M3 is much MUCH cheaper than the E36.
Actually M3 doesn't share many parts with the series model - they just look similar.

If you want to look at inflation, you are right. However, most other BMWs and makes prices haven't moved much for the past 20 years in absolute $ terms. The E92 M3 was the exception.
Appreciate 0