View Single Post
      10-29-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
saveferris
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Pilot Super Sport AS 3+ and Conti ExtremeContact WS06

I need to replace my tires and am now in a colder location. I'm in the Chicago area and drive about 5-6 miles to the office.

I don't want to get dedicated winter tires so am looking for something that can get me home if it snows during the day while I'm at work, etc. I won't regularly drive in the snow - I have another vehicle to drive if I need to go out in the actual snow. Just something safe enough in the snow if needed and capable enough the rest of the year. I get that I'm compromising but I'm fine with those tradeoffs.

So, anyone have either the AS 3+ or WS06 tires and can comment on how the are in the snow. I will drive if it's cold out, I prefer to drive my 1er over the the SUV so will drive it the roads are cold but not snow/ice covered.

I am coming off of Nokian WRG3's. Which were fantastic and I'd consider again but there is a newer model, WRG4, and it is getting mixed reviews. That tire also doesn't come in the staggered size, neither did the WRG3 so I just ran square all around at 225/40/18.

Before the Nokians I had the AS 3's, the previous model to the AS 3+. Those were also great tires but I lived in Nashville where it really didn't snow much. But, when it did those tires weren't good at all. I've read the new ones are much better.

Looking for any feedback on either the AS 3+ or WS06 from anyone who runs them in the occasional snow.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0